Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pozzles deal of the week

Pozzles deal of the week 9 months 3 weeks ago #4112

Blackburn 700 lumen rechargeable front lamp from Evans cycles at a heavily discounted £31.99. As much as you'll ever need from a front lamp for the darkest of unlit country roads.

www.evanscycles.com/blackburn-central-70...front-light-EV297202
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pozzles deal of the week 9 months 3 weeks ago #4113

that looks nice but I am completely bamboozled by lights these days.

There are some VERY powerful lights out there that people are fitting (incorrectly) to their bikes which are making the roads more dangerous. 1200 lumens or even 2000+ are not uncommon. Dip don't dazzle!
I thought that having lights set to flashing was the best way to be noticed but actually this makes it harder to judge distances especially when moving. However flashing lights are more noticeable especially around town where there are so many lights around that motorists can easily just miss your light amongst all the other vehicles, shop signs etc etc
maybe the answer is to fit 2 lights, one flashing and one steady. But how far do you go down these solutions before you end up like Belisha-Beacon Man?
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!

Pozzles deal of the week 9 months 3 weeks ago #4114

I agree with Jim. Ideally you should have both. But I admit to using flashing lights during the day. I have noticed recently a vogue for a flashing light at the front and no rear light, what's that about? The light seems good value, think mine is 400 lumens.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates