Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another b#####d hill!

Another b#####d hill! 7 months 2 weeks ago #4117

And so it came to pass that comrade brothers and sister set off for the long slow haul towards Pendle via the Higher Trapp where I'll admit to briefly pushing. That was one hill too many, and we weren't even half way round the course!
I've driven up through Newchurch in Pendle many times but I've never done the right fork taking us to the quirky gem that is Clarion House.
Someone far more brave than I dared to ask for a Latte and was politely refused following which a 'selfie' session ensued which was observed by bemused revolutionaries who were sipping their mugs of tea.
The challenging roads through Barley and the side of Pendle hill had me gripping my brakes while perusing the option of disc brakes in any future bike replacement.
A pint of Moorhouses in the Barley Inn might have numbed the pain but this ride was all about biting ones lip, bracing oneself for the struggle ahead and achieving the goal for common good.
Maybe a tad too cold for ice cream at Downham but thanks to Jim for a challenge ride which will set us up nicely for Spring and a great group who provided a few laughs during the struggle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimcurtis

Another b#####d hill! 7 months 2 weeks ago #4118

yes, there was some tasty hills out there. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (not sure if that is official advice from the Chief Medical Officer)
Thanks to everyone for coming along and riding so well. Some old faces were back out today (apart from my own old face) and I was happy to see Andrea Yunus and Wally along.
I was a bit embarrassed when I was short of cash at The Clarion House and didn't dare ask if they accepted Apple-Pay as the fraternal comrades would have dragged me outside for some "special class re-education". Lucky for me that Wally subbed me the money for a pint of PG Tips. Next round is on me, Wally!
We should do this ride again once the weather improves......
Here are some photos to remind you
https://opa.cig2.canon-europe.com/s/cp/GMSMreHmTyu
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates