Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Puncture repairs in South Ribble

Puncture repairs in South Ribble 8 months 4 weeks ago #4119

Thanks to all for joining the ride today. It was a varied ride with some traffic free sections, some quiet lanes and some not-so-quiet roads. I decided to drop the farmyard option as it was quite muddy yesterday when I reconnoitred it, and we have had some wet stuff since then.
Also included today a new café, the Café Delphine which I must say passed muster and we shall certainly visit again, especially as I now have a loyalty card and only need another 8 drinks to claim my free cuppa.
We also had some puncture repair opportunity. My own puncture was quite a big split on the tube which was probably a result of a sharp bump on slightly underinflated tyres. (zut alors!) and I think Chrissy's was a slither of glass which had worked its way through the "puncture resistant" Schwalbe tyre. It was a big piece of glass and no tyre can be guaranteed puncture proof.
Big thanks for Stephen for weaving some serious magic to restore my iron horse to showroom condition, not least with the Bus Stop Bikers artwork which is -as they say - not available in the shops. Thank you !

Good to see Chrissy back out and about although unusual that she was at the back going up Mire Ash Brow when in the past she has left us all behind. Welcome back!

I am away for a couple of weeks now so if anyone else feels that they would like to put up a ride, please be my guest but don't be offended if I am not on the ride. Next week I am in france so I may go up Mont Ventoux, but if I do it will be motor-assisted! i'm not totally deranged
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Puncture repairs in South Ribble 8 months 4 weeks ago #4120

It's a shame, as Mount Ventoux is one I would really like to do; if only it weren't in France. It can be very windy and even the TdeF has been modified to avoid it as last year. You could do it easily I am sure. By the way I pumpedup your tyres to 105psi!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimcurtis

Puncture repairs in South Ribble 8 months 4 weeks ago #4121

oh. 105 should be more than enough! maybe the puncture was the bicycle gods punishing me for feeling pleased with my lack of punctures recently.
or too much weight on the saddle as a result of too many bowls of Bungo
:ohmy: :ohmy:

either way, punctures are very character forming, and it's a great sense of achievement when it's fixed
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates