Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This week's cycling

This week's cycling 6 months 4 days ago #4122

Hi all
A bit quiet on here lately and it's such a beastly afternoon I think it's time to post a few thoughts about recent rides

Last Sunday 5 of us were at Roots Café for a ride which I recorded as 48 miles. Good to see Mr Moons back out on 2 wheels to keep us all on our toes, and also Andrea freshly returned from her ski adventures with Great Uncle Bulgaria. Set off in decent weather and made good progress as there was very few hills (for a "Jim ride") and were at the caff for 12 noon. Busy in there as we were just behind a big group of cyclists (don't they just get on your nerves??)
The journey back had a tail wind but a bit of post lunch fatigue coupled with some uphills and a couple of punctures slowed us all down and it was almost 4.00 before we were back at base.
Thanks to all for coming out.

A couple of evening rides have been great fun, last week out to Great Harwood and this week up and over Brokenstone. Spring certainly seemed to be in the air as the sun set over Lancashire. I have missed our evening rides as winter has been hanging over us and I shall be putting more on over the next month or so. Clocks change soon and we will be able to enjoy some daylight. Bring it on!

I had planned a ride to the Singing Ringing Tree this weekend but a couple of potential problems. The weather forecast is not too good and it won't be at its best at the top of Crown Point, and more relevantly, the café at Waterfoot is closed down (and the other café is not open on Sundays) so pending an investigation into alternative facilities I have deferred this ride.
In its place I have loaded a ride out to Longridge and round Stonyhurst. We know and love the café at Longridge and there should be a decent mix of uphill and downhill. Hopefully the weather can be a bit better off the tops of the moors. I have included Jeffrey Hill but if the conditions are against us we can skip that part of the ride (obviously not tell anyone not on the ride)
The last time we went to Longridge I included a muddy section of the guild wheel, but I have missed that bit out this time. I am really too good to you lot!

Hope to see plenty of people out and about this weekend and for future rides. The springtime weather is showing itself in fits and starts and I am pleased to see people back joining us again
Happy cycling
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This week's cycling 6 months 4 days ago #4123

A big thank you to Jim for last sunday's ride, i thoroughly enjoyed it.It was good to be back on the bike.
Good to see the gang again and look forward to more rides.
Missing the next two sundays with a commitment and on holiday the following week.

Thanks again
Moons
The Blackpool donkey.....yeeeeha!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimcurtis

This week's cycling 6 months 3 days ago #4124

weather forecast for tomorrow isn't great. Unless you are a duck. (and not just walk like one)
In the circumstances, we will be flexible about the ride and may have to truncate it. No sense in pushing it too much if the weather is against us.

(only me and Mif booked on so far so maybe people are voting with their feet)

This week's cycling 6 months 3 days ago #4125

I'm all ready to come, but will decide in the morning by looking out of the window first!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimcurtis

This week's cycling 6 months 3 days ago #4126

Ride postponed. Zut alors

Sorry but the rain bashing on my bedroom window all night has persuaded me to give it a miss this weekend. I was in Padiham yesterday and there was a lot of standing water then so today would have been too much
In the words of The Bard, "The better part of valour is discretion" or in the words of Kenny Rogers "walk away from trouble if you can"

I shall move the ride to next sunday and hope for better weather,
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates