Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: August rides

August rides 3 months 3 weeks ago #4179

Hi all
I've struggled to get out for weekend rides during July but midweeks have been going pretty well.
I have now loaded up some rides for August and hopefully my attendance will improve! A couple of pointers: I am putting all our rides onto LetsRide, as this seems like a good way to attract new people along. I know there are various sites on facebook etc which are more spontaneous in a "The weather forecast is OK, who fancies a bike ride?" way, but I prefer to be a bit more organised and it helps people plan things better. For Sunday rides, I have put start and finish at Witton Park. There is a big free car park there and it is well connected for some handy cycling routes. I think that Leo's has probably outlived its usefulness as it's not especially convenient for any of us now and the roads round there are pretty horrible to cycle.
For now, I am keeping the evening rides from Leo's because that is where all my mapped rides start and finish and the shorter rides in the evening don't lend themselves to adding 5 or 6 miles. However in the fullness of time I shall try and re-map these.

I am having some big trouble accessing busstopbikers.co.uk as I think I have been blacklisted or something. I can access by setting up Proxy servers but maybe I need to cancel my membership and re-submit. Not quite sure but don't be offended if I am not updating so much.

Prost!
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

August rides 3 months 1 day ago #4180

I can't face another hilly ride so I have loaded a trip to Southport for this sunday. I can't delete the Clarion House ride which is on the calendar so I hope that we don't get an influx of mountain goats booking on.
If people want to join the Southport ride at Chorley, then meet at Astley Park at 10.00. Hopefully the Blackburn riders will be there by then.
One word of warning is that although its a flat route, if there is any wind at all it can make it a tricky cycle ride. Inevitably the wind will be against us on the journey out and then the wind will change direction and be against us on the way home. It's called Sods Law
It is also Southport Flower Show so there will inevitably be more traffic about. Hopefully we can avoid the worst of it...
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates