Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A minutes silence requested

A minutes silence requested 1 week 6 days ago #4183

Friends
please take a moment to reflect on the death of my rear wheel. It had been ill for some time and making some creaking and clunking sound before it finally gave up the ghost. It turns out Cube hubs are a unique set up and spares are not readily available. I could take it to a nominated Cube dealer who could try to revive it but it all seems like a load of hassle which is unlikely to get me any kind of decent wheel at the end of it.
My career as a unicyclist is on hold so I am waiting for a new wheel. It is on order and I should have it by midweek.
In the meantime I am having to make do with my work-a-day bike which is ok for a trip into town or to and from work, but not up to our longer Sunday rides.
I am somehow disgruntled at the Cube engineering but I suppose you get what you pay for. Oh, those Germans!
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A minutes silence requested 1 week 6 days ago #4184

Jim
I have just had one minute of intense reflection with regard to your wheel. Rides to Southport, up to Malham, the four corners of the Ribble Valley.....and now....it is no more :(
I share your pain.

A minutes silence requested 1 week 6 days ago #4185

In fairness, I had withdrawn all treatment some time ago.... :P

A minutes silence requested 1 week 6 days ago #4186

I was expecting this, a bit like the British allegedly warning the Americans about Pearl Harbour. From what you say seems like Cube should join Giant as a brand to be avoided if you want to repair or replace vital components yourself. I believe Andrea is still waiting for her "unique" rear wheel to be repaired by a Giant dealer. You have been warned.⚙️

A minutes silence requested 1 week 1 day ago #4187

The wheel is dead, long live the wheel.
I picked up my new wheel this evening and fitted the tubs and tyre and put it on the bike. Rode it to the end of the street and back and it feels good. The quick release doesn't have that grinding feel about it which will take some getting used to.
Sadly (or not) I am away tomorrow on my European tour of 2017 starting with the ferry to Holland but I'll be back in 10 days time, raring to go!
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates