Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ribble Valley Ride

Ribble Valley Ride 3 weeks 1 day ago #4230

I will be taking part in this year's Ribble Valley ride but please note I've booked on to the 100 mile route and not the usual 60 mile route, however on the day if the weather or my fitness isn't looking good I may reconsider my intentions and drop down to the 60 mile run.
Hope to see you all there.
Punctures? What a let down
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ribble Valley Ride 3 weeks 1 day ago #4231

Hi Gaz, I'll be on the sixty miler.
Probably see you at the start :woohoo:

Ribble Valley Ride 1 week 1 day ago #4232

Another Ribble Valley Ride and probably the warmest yet though it did start off with a chill in the air and mist that obscured the distant views before it melted away with around ten miles on the clock.

Gazwid, hope you had a good ride, as you headed toward Kidstone Pike but for us mere mortals Steve and myself were pretty keen to hit the first food stop at Gargrave allowing us the chance to gorge cake (loved the lemon drizzle) and bananas before we headed to the bottom of that painfully long pull up to the top of Malham Tarn in twenty plus degrees and bright sunshine. Following a bit of stunning landscape gazing it was down to piling on more miles over the moor and the drop into Stainforth for the second foot stop and top marks for those meat pies.

The third leg took in familiar roads where we seemed to know every dodgy surface, every pothole and every difficult camber. Bolton by Bowland, Grindleton and West Bradford and the usual all-aching finish as we tumbled over the finish line and a time even slower than last year. Service for the brew and bacon sarnie was even slower but then I guess we arrived back with the errrr… ‘Peloton’ so to speak. But still a great challenge and a seriously testing circuit.

Ribble Valley Ride 1 week 1 day ago #4233

Glad you enjoyed the day, doing the 100 was an awesome experience and I loved every pedal stroke, the weather was great which always helps and the organisation was second to none, I'm so glad I chose to do this route and would urge anyone to give it a go next year
Punctures? What a let down
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates