Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vintage Bike stable

Vintage Bike stable 3 weeks 3 days ago #4195

Thanks to Paul and Andrea for accompanying me on a smashing ride out to Inglenook Farm craft centre and the excellent cafe. For me it was another opportunity to see some vintage bikes at the Vintage Bike Stable. John Andrews has a large selection of quality vintage bikes from as little as £200 with a lot of restored frames for building up. Why spend £200 on a rubbish heavyweight bike from a high street retailer when you can have a classsic quality machine for the same price which you can ride at L’eroica. Check out the website, but there is more on his facebook page m.facebook.com/vintagebikestable/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vintage Bike stable 3 weeks 6 hours ago #4196

Vintage bike stable - some well known brands on display from yesteryear, Raleigh and Falcon. From a time when the gear levers were attached to the frame and not integrated into the brake lever.....memories of care free cycling in the 70's!

Vintage Bike stable 2 weeks 3 days ago #4197

In my garage I have my old Raleigh Royal with Reynolds 531 double butted, which I bought in 1987 from Swinnerton Cycles in Stoke. It was (is!) my pride and joy, a girlfriend at the time once complained that I cared more about that bike than about her!, which was entirely fair comment.
Mind you she did not want to spend the rest of her life in my garage which meant the bike had a big advantage over her.

It has Biopace chain rings which were a big fad for a while, slightly elliptical as it was supposed to make it easier to pedal. I never found it any easier, and Biopace gradually disappeared.

I may one day try and revive it and get it back on the road. (the bike not the former girlfriend!)
:P
I am the voice of humility.... and don't you forget it!!

Vintage Bike stable 2 weeks 3 days ago #4198

Ahhh, Roy and Doris Swinnerton, great friends of everyone’s favourite commentator Hugh Porter. Unfortuately vintage is anything pre 1987! I think this was a ploy to avoid including biopace chainsets into history (yes I had one too).
If you are looking to have it restored you know where to find me.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Download Free Designs http://bigtheme.net/ Free Websites Templates