Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Hilton
    Participant

As of 14th October we are in the New Tier 2, but rumours are we may soon be in Tier 3, i.e. Very High Risk instead of currently, High Risk.
    My reading of the regulations is that we can still continue with 6 riders but cannot enter cafes as a group and this applies to both Tier 2 and 3. However the rules now seem to state we can meet up to 6 in Parks etc, which last week we could not! The Government website however can contradict it’s own advice in the same paragraph, mainly by failing to define it’s own terminology. Cycling UK doesn’t give specific advice other than the rule of 6 but also contradicts itself on that without really giving any guidance on areas of increased restrictions. The Government website refers us to various sporting bodies but excludes any reference to cycling, but gives specific guidance on Lawn Bowls.
    For now we will endeavour to continue 6 person rides, carrying our own food and drink if necessary.

Stephen Hilton
    Participant

Predictably, British Cycling and Cycling UK have updated their Covid guidance for November 5th to confirm the assumption we can only ride 1. Alone 2. With members of our own family, or 3. With one other person, but not at the same time as other members of your family. Neither cycling body have gained any exemptions to this.
    Bus Stop Biker rides will therefore again cease but I hope everyone will remain motivated to still cycle when they can.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.