Ribble Valley ‘Somewhat hilly’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Ind
    Participant

Early drizzle soon stopped and later really sunny. Good company. Superb views on a really interesting
    route: summit special! Thanks a bunch, Stephen.

Stephen Hilton
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, I enjoyed it too!
    Off subject, but discussed at Lunch. Reg Harris was 72 when he died. My memories of seeing him in action were somewhat off the mark. It was in 1971 and he won a sprint competition against Reg Barnett (the then british champ) and Trevor Bull. The other events I saw were later that year and in 1972 which included Gordon Johnson (an australian world champ who was also once british champ) and Leijn Loevesijn, a dutchman and also a world champ. He wasn’t called Arie, I must have confused him with Harris’ original great rival Arie Van Vliet. Harris didn’t appear in either of these events. I was right he beat Trevor Bull at the British Champs but in 1974.
    Oh and Beryl Burton was only 58 when she died.

Geoff Ind
    Participant

11th October 2020. Another memorable ride. Great views. Sunshine. A good Covid observant break.Much appreciated.Thanks!

Stephen Hilton
    Participant

Thanks,
    I thought the descent of Waddington fell in autumn colours was the highlight. Now we just have to wait for Monday’s announcement to see if we can continue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.